DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER
B.Tech./M.Tech Lab. Facilities Softwares Ph.D
The department has been offering
a B.Tech. Degree Course in Computer Engineering since 1987. A sound theoretical
and practical work prepares the students in wider field of Computer Engineering
to take up challenging jobs in the area of:
- Systems Software Development
- Application Software Development
- Research & Development
- Microprocessor based system design
- Software Maintenance
- Computer Maintenance
M.Tech Degree Course in Computer Engineering(Part
Time) has been introduced from 1996 for sposored candidates of NIT Kurukshetra.
The Computer Centre of the department
is well equipped with many modern facilities/utilities. These are:
- Local Area Network(Ethernet/TCP/Ip) supporting three
file servers, three UNIX servers, all are inter-net-worked through a switch
and around 50 nodes connected to the above servers.
- Special Purpose Multimedia & Vision System machines.
- Apple Macintosh based Graphical Workstation.
- General Softwares: TC++, Borland C++, Windows 2000, DOS, Solaris, DECOSF,
- Data Base Spftwares: Oracle, Sybase, dBase IV, Visual dBase, Rational Suite
Enterprise, Visual C++, Visual Basic, Delphi
- Processing Softwares: The depaartment has MOU with IBM for development of
trained manpower in the area of databases and server level programming. Software
packages worth 50Lakhs have been provided by IBM-DB2, Visual Age for Java.
Domino server & websphere.
- Recently CISCO and ITU have signed an MOU with the department for Net Traing
program and CCNA certification.
to Departments Page